Enrol your child now!
South Canterbury Kindergartens (SCK) manages 12 kindergartens located in Timaru, Temuka, Fairlie and Twizel and is committed to the provision of quality early childhood education for all children.
I am absolutely delighted to be writing a testimonial for Waimataitai Kindergarten, I could not speak highly enough of the staff, and the community that supports them. I currently have 2 children at Waimataitai Kindy, both with very different personalities, yet I have found the teachers to be very supportive and used different strategies to ensure that both children are reaching their potential. The Kindy is situated in a beautiful park setting, with a well equipped and challenging outdoor play area. Inside there are plenty more exciting learning environments for the children to explore. I can honestly say both my children have flourished at Waimataitai Kindy. They are more confident learners and they feel a true sense of belonging.
I feel fortunate that our daughters are a part of Waimataitai Kindergarten. I will be recommending and have done so already.
“We love West End Kindergarten! It’s the perfect setting for my boys who love getting out into nature, the trees, bike track and water play!! The Teachers are just fantastic and my boys look forward to seeing them everyday. We’ve been going to West End Kindergarten for 4 years now and will be there for another 4 and we couldn’t be happier!”
I love Ti Kouka kindergarten! Ever since my daughter started they have always made her feel so welcome and the amount she has improved language wise is absolutely incredible!!
A beautiful space for our tamariki to learn and talented staff who do an outstanding job , A place where cultures and family members are accepted and supported in the best interests of the tamariki.
“Amazing place for our preschoolers to grow and learn.”
“Great teachers who make a welcoming and fun filled environment for kids and parents. We are so lucky!”
“Ranui Kindergarten teachers make everyone feel welcome. Great teachers. Lots of different activities for the children to do. Each child is made to feel special.”
THE FIRST CHOICE FOR YOUR CHILD’S FUTURE…
- 100% fully qualified and registered teachers
- A Ministry of Education curriculum
- Up to 30 hours free teaching for 3-4 year olds per week
- 1:10 teacher to child ratio
- School day hours – 8.30am to 2.30pm
- Full day service – 7.45am to 5.15pm
- Small groups
- Natural, spacious park-like environments
- 70 years experience and history of successful education in South Canterbury
WE CAN OFFER…
All of our 12 kindergartens throughout South Canterbury are set within natural park like environments and are well maintained.
Children learn through play, planned programmes, intentional teaching and interactions with others as they seek to find out about their world and become life long learners.
All teaching and learning at SC Kindergartens is based on the Ministry of Education curriculum Te Whariki.
AT SC KINDERGARTENS:
Children Learn To:
- actively explore and discover
- think creatively and problem solve
- take responsibility
- experience early literacy and numeracy learning
- socialise and work in groups
- participate and be involved
- develop independence and confidence
The First Choice For Teachers…
- All teaching staff at SC Kindergartens are fully qualified and registered teachers.
- All have a university degree or teaching diploma as a minimum qualification.
- All teachers are involved in ongoing planned learning and professional development.
- There is a high level of accountability with all teachers being registered with the New Zealand Teachers Council.
- All teachers have a current First Aid certificate.
- All teachers comply with the Kindergarten Professional Standards.
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with all the latest news and upcoming events at South Canterbury Kindergartens.
Fill out your information below, and click “Subscribe”.